Autumn Family Fun
Trail of Treats
Don your costume, head over to Shiloh Park, stop by our booth, play a game, and get as treat! Presented by the Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau, Zion Park District, and the City of Zion.
Friday, 10/28 | 5 PM | All Ages
Save the Date!
Star Wars Holiday Celebration
Our annual holiday celebration will be on Saturday, 12/10! There will be Star Wars themed activities for the entire family to enjoy. Stay tuned for updates!
After School Program
Discover new reads, share what you’re reading, and talk about favorite books. We’ll play video games, eat snacks and hang out.
Tuesdays | 4-5:30 PM | Grades K-8
- 12/20: Star Wars Planets
Reading Clubs for Kids
Earn prizes and vote for your favorite book! Read or listen to one book from the list, then register (on or after 7/31). Earn prizes for reading up to 20 books before 1/31/17. Details are at the Youth Services desk.
- Monarch Award Reading Club | Grades K-3
Click here for the 2016-2017 Monarch Award list!
- Bluestem Award Reading Club | Grades 3-5
Click here for the 2016-2017 Bluestem Award list!
- Win With Reading | Grades 4-8
Click here for the 2016-2017 Win With Reading list!
Bring your favorite doll and a parent or guardian for activities and treats.
Saturdays | 2-3:30 PM | Grades K-8 | R-Suggested
- 11/19: A Fandango with Josefina – Come help us celebrate Josefina’s way. Dress as she might have if you wish.
Calling all explorers! Each week brings a new adventure as we explore the world around us through science, drama, travel, and crafts!
Wednesdays | 3:30-4:30 PM | Grades K-4
- 10/5: TIME – Learn how people told time throughout history. Learn how to make a sundial.
- 10/12: LANGUAGE – Learn about some of the different languages around the World. Learn to count in another language.
- 10/19: OPTICAL ILLUSIONS – Learn about and create your very own illusion.
- 11/2: KOALAS – Learn more about and draw your own.
- 11/16: BINARY – Learn about the language of computers and how to your name in binary!
- 11/30: DIORAMAS – We’ll hear about two famous Chicagoans and then make dioramas inspired by their experiences.
Minecraft Club Junior
Use a computer in Youth Services to play in the library’s Minecraft world. Click here to request a Minecraft Alias.
Mondays: 10/24, 11/28, & 12/26 | 3-5 PM | Grades K-4 | R-Suggested
ZB LEGO® Club
Let your imagination run wild or use the monthly theme to create a LEGO® masterpiece! This drop-in program encourages creativity and develops planning and constructing skills.
Thursday, 12/8 | 4-6 PM | All Ages
Early Learning Club
Together, families will develop the basic skills that kids need to learn. Have fun discovering colors, shapes, counting, and the alphabet. Each family gets books and tools to take home! Sponsored by the library and United Way of Lake County.
Infant-Age 6 | R-Required
Thursday, 10/20 | 5:30-7 PM
- Busy Bees Bunch: Get your little ones ready to read with these fun-filled sessions. One caregiver per child is recommended. R-Suggested
Mondays, 10/3-11/14 | 6-6:30 PM | Infants-Age 3
Tuesdays, 10/4-11/15 | 10:30-11 AM | Infant to Age 3
- Stories and More:Stories, fingerplays, and music get children ready to read. Come to one session or all of them!
Mondays, 10/3-11/14 | 11-11:30 AM | Ages 3-6
Tuesdays, 10/4-11/15 | 9:30-10 AM | Ages 3-6
Wednesdays, 10/5-11/16 | 6:30-7 PM | Ages 3-6