Paws To Read Pool Party: Kids and teens get to celebrate after meeting their summer reading club goals! Everyone must have a ticket to enter, including babies. The party will be held at the Port Shiloh Pool in Zion from 6:00-8:00 p.m. on Saturday, 8/2. Click here for details.
Secrets of the Library: What happens in the library stays in the library—or does it? Kids get to explore the “secret” areas of the library to find out what happens behind the scenes and learn how the library really works. Monday, 8/11 through Thursday, 8/14 from 4:00-5:00 p.m. Click here for details.
- Chess Night: Everyone is invited to play the world’s oldest war game and meet new people. Bring your own chess set or use one of ours. All ages and skill levels are welcome. Wednesdays, 8/13 and 8/27 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. Click here for details.
- Creative Crocheters: Kids in 4th through 8th grades can build on their skills with this more advanced group on Thursday, 8/21 from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Click here for details.
- Hooked on Yarn: Kids in 4th through 8th grades will learn basic crocheting skills on Thursday, 8/7 from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Click here for details.
Storytimes: These fun-filled half-hour sessions offer stories, fingerplays and music. Adults are given instruction and take-home sheets on child development and early literacy skills.
Busy Bees Bunch: For kids up to age 3. Mondays at 6:00 p.m. and Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. Busy Bees Bunch is designed for one child and one parent, grandparent, or caregiver. Registration is requested. 7/14 to 8/5: Call 847.872.4680, x5 or click here to register.
Stories and More: For kids ages 3 to 6 on Mondays at 10:30 a.m., Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. and Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. through 8/7.
The Crafty Fox: The crafty fox brings something fun for kids (up to age 6) to create and take home on Monday, 8/11 from 6:00-6:30 p.m. and Tuesday, 8/12 from 10:30-11:00 a.m. Click here for details.
For kids in K-8th grades and a parent/guardian. Registration is required. Register online or call 847.872.4680, x5.
- Aloha, Kanani: Make new memories with Kanani, who loves to share the aloha spirit of Hawai’i. Dress-up in your best tropical outfit and bring your favorite doll for refreshments and crafts on Saturday, 8/16 from 2:00-3:30 p.m. Click here to register online.
Junior Hardcover Society
Readers in 3rd and 4th grades are invited to this monthly book discussion group on Mondays, from 3:30-4:30 p.m. The first four to register at the Youth Services desk with a parent or guardian will get a free book!
- 8/4: Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli. This is the story of Jeffrey Lionel Magee, who lost his parents at the age of three in a trolley accident. Leaving his relatives, who won’t talk to each other, he searches for a home with a real address that he can call his own in Two Mills, Pennsylvania. Click here for details.
Guys in K-8th grades will read awesome books and talk ‘em over with other dudes. Hang out, munch on snacks and have fun playing games on Tuesday, 8/19 from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Click here for details.
Kids – If you’ve ever been tempted to stay up all night reading a good book, then this club is for you! Night Owls meets on Tuesdays and we’re sure to have a hoot!